This is a recording of a LIVE webinar presented by Laith R. Sultan MD MPH and Mrigendra B. Karmacharya PhD from the PENN Ultrasound Lab at the University of Pennsylvania, on March 11th, 2021.
Topics discussed in this webinar:
- Liver fibrosis as public and global health issue
- The advantages and disadvantages of the current imaging and non-imaging diagnostic tools of liver fibrosis.
- The experimental animal model for studying liver fibrosis
- The use of quantitative ultrasound imaging to longitudinally monitor the liver fibrotic structural changes
- The use of quantitative photoacoustic imaging (PAI) to monitor inflammatory changes associated with liver fibrosis.
- Quantitative ultrasound and PAI together provide a comprehensive examination that can be easily used on a repeated basis
- Q&A Session