Bringing Together Dynamic Motion and 3D Geometry!
Quantify ejection fraction and fractional shortening with more accuracy than traditional echocardiography, and faster than cardiac MRI!
4D imaging on the Vevo F2 represents the next step in the evolution of preclinical imaging; a feature that brings together the dynamic motion of the myocardium throughout the cardiac cycle with the 3D geometry of the heart.
4D ultrasound is the perfect solution for models that create abnormalities in the traditional geometric proportions of the heart such as:
- Myocardial infarction
- Congenital heart defects
- Various genetic knockout models
For infarct researchers – calculate accurate chamber volumes throughout infarct progression quickly and easily.
What is 4D Imaging?
3D – High Spatial resolution - seeing the heart from any angle +
EKV – High temporal resolution – seeing the entire cardiac cycle
- Acquire a 3D image at every time-point of the cardiac cycle
- Allows you to see the dynamics of the entire chamber or blood vessel
- Acquisition in 4D-Mode is intuitive and easy to use!
What can you do with 4D Images?
Measurements you can obtain without making any assumptions about the shape or dynamics of the heart:
- Cardiac function (ejection fraction, fractional shrtening, cardiac output)
- Area changes
- Linear measurements on individual frames
- Volumetric changes (across all time-points in the cardiac cycle)